Adneyhaus Private Kennels: A Premiere Pet Sanctuary
“A Kinder, Quieter Pet Boarding Experience”
Finally, you have a choice in pet boarding! We designed our kennels with your pet in mind.
Here, you will NEVER find dangerous noise levels or overly stressed animals. The Birmingham/Hoover metro area’s peaceful alternative to traditional pet boarding is Adneyhaus Private Kennels.
We are a family-owned, tranquil kennel farm. Our staff has over 45 years of experience in holistic animal care and training. Donna Adney — the kennel owner, advisor, caregiver, trainer, and pet nurse — is committed to gentle, family-style care.
For additional peace of mind, we partner with several local veterinarians so that you know your pet is in good hands in case of an emergency.
- Animals trust Donna Adney.
- Donna’s calm demeanor allows her to quickly develop a “trust bond” with your pet.
- Donna managed a large veterinary clinic for five years. As a trusted employee, Donna was tasked with personally caring for and even home-boarding frantic, frightened, or anxious pets.
- Donna trained dogs with the Shelby County Sheriff’s Department using Schutzhund training. In other words, she helped the department train obedient dogs to work as protection animals.
- Using her medical training, Donna observes each guest and reports any medical issues to the owner so that owners can follow-up with a veterinary visit.
- Donna has training in Eastern, holistic, and traditional Western medicine. In addition, she offers clients massage therapy, aroma therapy, and nutrition counseling.
- Donna bred champion German shepherds and was internationally known for the quality of her dogs. In fact, Donna bred CH Adneyhaus Black MT. Dakota, Alabama’s first best-in-show German shepherd.
- Donna has insight into what an animal needs to relax while boarding. She wins a pet’s confidence and trust. While traveling or on vacation, pet parents know that “peace of mind” is priceless!
Donna Adney is an animal advocate.
- Donna volunteered with the Humane Society of America as an emergency infant care volunteer.
- Donna works with a variety of canine rescue organizations in emergency infant care, infant socialization, rehabilitation for traumatized and abused dogs, and special-needs care.
- Adneyhaus’ rescue history includes dogs, cats, and horses. We care for all phases of life, offering sustaining care and nutrition to expectant mothers, birthing care, and care to weak or orphaned animals.
- Donna rehabilitates and retrains animals with negative human experiences in preparation for new homes and a better life.
- Donna has worked with the Girl Scouts of America in their “Safety with Dogs” lesson.
- Donna has been a member of the German Shepherd Dog Club of America for more than 10 years and has signed the “Breeders’ Code of Ethics.”
Our guest list is even more important to your pet! Although Adneyhaus Private Kennels has 20 acres of fun-filled, fully fenced farmland, we accept only 20 guests at a time. Therefore, you know that your companion has personalized care and attention. Since reservations (link to contact page) are required, give us a call today. We can even arrange for you to tour our facilities before you decide to choose our private kennel.
3. We honor your pet boarding requests.
You are invited to bring your pet’s bedding, toys, and special diets. Home scents and tastes are comforting and part of our recipe for a stress-free environment. So don’t forget those special items when packing your pet’s bag.
In addition, we want to know all about your best buddy before you leave. Tell us how we can make him comfy.
- What frightens your pet? We will make sure to mitigate scary situations.
- How does your pet handle stormy weather? We are familiar with thunderstorm phobias.
- Does your pet require a bedtime treat? We are happy to spend a few bonding moments with your pet before bedtime.
- Does your pet have a special diet, such as a raw diet or other personal favorites? We will make sure that your pet’s food is familiar so that her boarding experience remains as consistent as possible.
- Does your pet have special needs? We are skilled in helping all pets thrive.
Whether your upcoming boarding requirement involves a vacation, a medical emergency, or anything in between, you’ll have “peace of mind” when you board at Adneyhaus Private Kennels(link to contact page), Shelby County’s own pet sanctuary. Leave your pet with us and leave worries behind.